Saturday, June 28, 2008

NICU Day 64

Day 64.  Happy birthday to Andrew again!  Nine weeks old today (that's 38 weeks gestational).  5 lbs 3 oz tonight.

It was another exciting Saturday night at the NICU tonight.  First we gave Mr. Andrew a bath and then I fed him a bottle, which he handled well tonight.  Then, after he told me all about the car seat manual he read today, he took a short nap in the recliner with me before we had to leave for the night.

We are still optimistic that he will be home within a week, but nobody will tell us for sure.

It was a good day.  That is all.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy 9 week birthday little baby boy!!!!!

Chrissie Barnes said...

MER! This is my first blog ever and I couldn't be prouder to have you and that beautiful little boy (and Darin!) as the charter recipients of such an endeavor. I've read all through the comments of all the days, and I have to say you two are magnificent parents. Not only for being strong enough to handle what I can only imagine is heartbreaking, but to do it and be able to talk about it with a great sense of humor. Little Andrew is a lucky little boy to have you as his parents. You three are all in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and miss you Mommy Meredith!