Andrew had a good Sunday and is doing well. His weight is still 1500 grams (3lbs. 5oz.). He was measured tonight and he is now 15 3/4 inches long, from 13 1/2 at birth. I was holding him today and thinking that he was looking quite a bit longer.
Andrew got a bath yesterday evening, laying down in a basin. The nurse claims that he liked it; however, he does not like his face or bottom cleaned. Who does? Andrew is now eating 32cc every 3 hrs. I am anxious to see Andrew's bottle feeding tomorrow. The nurse this evening said that she was going to take Andrew's feeding tube out of his mouth and put it in his nose. My poor boy, it makes me said to think about that. He is very strong and luckily he will not remember these things. Mom is tired and going to bed.
Good night.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you, Andrew! You're doing so well! I can't wait to hear about his bottle feeding. Meredith, I'm sure it is tough to see your baby have to go through so much, but you're right...he's a fighter. One day when he's older, he'll hear all of these stories and realize how strong he really is. He'll also know just how lucky he is to have such caring parents! Plus, it'll be really cool for him to bring one of his preemie diapers for show-and-tell at school (so save one for him)! Love you, Meredith...you're such a good mommy!
Post a Comment