Day 53. Today was pretty eventful - as far as NICU days go. Aunt Tracy showed up to be Andrew's nurse today and I'm sure she took real good care of him. I also heard he had a lot of VIPs from the newborn nursery checking up on him. I hope he passed inspection!
The doctor finally ordered the removal of his oxygen sensor today, which means one less cord to deal with. There was a couple of little hiccups today, though. Andrew is not cooperating with the feeding schedule. He just does not seem interested in eating dinner at 8. I'm afraid he takes after me and has to do everything in his own good time. And then there's the thyroid thing... I'm sure Meredith could explain the details better, but what I know is that one of his tests has been giving the doctors a little pause about his thyroid. They may have to put him on some medication to help regulate it, at least temporarily. We don't have a final decision on that yet.
We know that the homecoming moves closer every day and it seems like there is still much to do. Meredith and I have both been really busy (and really worn out) this week and the house is still a disaster after the carpet fiasco last week. I have a feeling we will be working on it all weekend.
All things considered, it was a good day.
That is all.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Andrew, I get to come and see you tomorrow!!! I can't wait. You have just amazed me with all that you can do and you're just 53 days old!! I'm glad you have one less tube attached to you....that's always nice. Be kind to your parents and try to follow your feeding schedule like they want you to. Love, "your #1 fan!"
Post a Comment