Friday, May 16, 2008

NICU Day 21

Day 21.

Well Andrew's mom is blogging tonight because Andrew is having some father-son time in the recliner. Andrew wiggles around when I hold him and is starting to make little baby noises. Usually dad comes by himself in the evening. Darin enjoys his one on one time with the baby. I nap in the evenings or catch up on the chores.
Andrew is 1120 grams (2 lbs 8 oz) this evening. Andrew is now on high calorie milk at
24 cal/oz. He is so sweet, I just want to kiss on him, scoop him up and bring him home. Tomorrow he will be three weeks old. That's exciting. Andrew seems to be awake more frequently now that he is a little older. The nurses say that Andrew might be refluxing a little, he has little "episodes" after his feedings. He should grow out of that.
Andrew officially has a place to call his own, we picked up the crib today. Hopefully, dad can put it together soon.
A shout out to Grandparents Jesse and Ada for taking us in the truck to pick up the crib. Also, thanks to G-G Bonnie for the wonderful shimp casserole, it was great!
Thanks for all of the prayers and support.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The complaint department is thrilled to see new pictures! I really loved the little blankets Andrew had in the pictures! Someone who loves him must have made those! =)