Tuesday, May 6, 2008

NICU Day 11

Day 11.
Andrew continues to amaze us everyday. He is a very strong boy and a fighter. Andrew is up to 4cc every 3 hrs for feedings and was able to poop on his very own today. His mom was very proud of him for this. He looks like he is all belly and continues to be a little squirmer. He was able to cuddle with his momma for the first time today and he loved it. He did not move much, but he did drop his heartrate a few times and that was it for the cuddling session. We received wonderful news that his head ultrasound was normal, that was a huge relief. All of the alarms continue to shake up grandnana Sara. It was another good day in the NICU, thanks be to God.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO excited to hear the good news about his ultrasound! He is truly an amazing little baby! God definetly shows us that he has you & Andrew in His hands everyday!
Darin, I got a big laugh that you thought YOU were going to hold Andrew first. Somehow we knew that wasn't going to be the case!

Woodbury Family said...

So glad to hear the good news about Andrew today! I'm sure that sweet little boy love being in his momma's arms :)

Katy Hill said...

Tom and Karen have been keeping us informed of Andrew's progress, but since we found your blog we can check on him regularly! Glad to hear he is doing well and so happy you have cuddled with your baby boy. All our love and prayers-Jacob, Katy and Owen Hill

Ashley said...

I bet Andrew is having sweet dreams tonight after being held by his mommy. I'm so happy about his ultrasound. I just already love him so much!