Thursday, May 29, 2008

NICU Day 34

Day 34. A quiet day in the NICU. Mom and baby started "nuzzling" today. That's all I have to say about that.

Andrew is still behaving himself - breathing on his own and all. He gained another 20 grams today, so he is now at 1410 grams (3 lbs. 2 oz.). He got an early bath tonight and was already sound asleep when I got there. I don't think he moved a muscle while I was there.

I think we are probably about halfway home by now, but his nurse tonight was a little more optimistic and thinks we are a little closer than that.

Speaking of home, Grandnana Sara delivered Andrew's bookshelf today. The nursery is getting pretty full. If only he had a mattress to sleep on when he makes it home...

I don't like to shout at people that bring me food, but Meredith wants to give Grandma Ada a "shout out" for bringing us dinner tonight.

That is all.

No comments: