Day 7. The end of the first week is upon us. Andrew got a little "backed up" today and the doctors cut off his milk supply for now. He eventually managed to clean out his pipes (in a big way) with a little help from his friends, but the doctors are still keeping a close eye on his stomach. His girth is getting a little larger than what the doctors consider normal. We should know more about his prognosis tomorrow.
The doctors also traded in his UAC (little tube) for a more durable PICC line (big tube), so he now has this splint-like gizmo on his right arm that keeps the new big tube in place. It looks terribly uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to mind it too much at last check.
Meredith tells me I should be asleep by now, so I guess I better call it a day before I get in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment