Mom also got to hold him today - again. Dad still did not. For those of you keeping count (like me), that's Mom -2 and Dad - 0. Something doesn't seem quite right... what does a dad have to do to get a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t around here? Am I gonna have to start lactating before I get to hold the little guy or what??
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
NICU Day 12
Day 12. So, the big news this morning was that Andrew crossed the 2 lb mark for the first time. He was actually 930 grams. By tonight he was back down to 880 grams (Grandnana Sara must have swapped a little Slim-Fast (tm) for his milk today while the nurse wasn't looking). The doctors also removed his nasal cannula (which provided airflow to help his breathing). Unfortunately, by this evening he seemed to be having a little trouble keeping up on his own, so they had to put it back for now. All things considered, though, it was another good day for Andrew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Andrew is just doing GREAT! He'll be chowing down in no time and before you know it...he'll actually be a fat little guy! I love seeing all of the pics of him. I'm so glad Andrew's mommy got to hold him again, but Darin, I am pulling for you a little now. Maybe you'll get to hold him next....but only for a quick minute, then it's back to Mommy!
I sure hope you got to hold him today and tomorrows post isn't Mer 3 and Darin ZERO. He's such a cute little guy.
Post a Comment