Tuesday, May 6, 2008

NICU Day 10

Day 10. Today was another good day for Andrew. The doctors increased his milk to 3 ccs every three hours and cut off the humidifier in his isolette. He also graduated to a real blanket. I think he slept all day wrapped up in that blanket.

Last night I learned that the little guy had grown half a centimeter over the last week. Tonight he weighed 830 grams.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day for all of us. He gets a head ultrasound in the morning to make sure there is no bleeding in his big brain. And if all goes well, at least one of us should also get to hold him for a little while tomorrow afternoon. (I hope Meredith gets to hold him some, too.)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think Andrew is going to be a football player when he grows up! Darin, you're so sweet to give Meredith a bit of cuddle time too...I have a feeling it will be the other way around :)

Carrie said...

Darin, you're so bad! Mere better be the first one to hold Andrew....somehow I'm thinking that she'll knock whoever she needs to out of the way in order to hold him first! I love checking the blog and reading all of the updates. You're great at keeping everyone in the loop! I know Andrew is going to keep growing big and strong!