Day 5 (I think). Today was a slow news day, which Dr. Treen says is a good day. We like slow news days around here. Mom did get to change Andrew's diaper, though. It seemed to be a real treat for her. Andrew continues to rest most of the day, but he lost 20 grams in the last 24 hours. The doctors tell us that weight loss is normal right now and we should not expect to see him really gain any weight for about two weeks.
Meredith was discharged today but she was not ready to go home yet. The hospital was kind enough to give her a courtesy room so we are staying at least one more night here.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mere, I can't believe you got to change his diaper! I bet you're a pro at that! Darin, you are so great with the updates.....thanks for keeping all of us informed. I think baby Andrew looks like his mommy!
Thanks for the picture updates! Meredith, make SURE you take a picture for Darin's first diaper change!
Darin, Hyla sent me the link to your blog probably because I went through my 1st being a preemie too! She wasn't as early as Andrew but she was whisked away from me to a hospital in Houston. We were there for 3 weeks and not knowing when the baby was well enough to go home was really nerve-racking. Please know that Andrew will be in my prayers as well as you two. I do know how hard it is. Take care, Stephanie (Parnian) Arnold
PS: My next 2 were preemie too but they were healthy. All 3 had the bili light.
Post a Comment