Tuesday, April 29, 2008

NICU Day 4

Day 4. Andrew's bilirubin has come down some, so the doctors took him off the phototherapy for now. They also removed one of his tubes today and increased his feeding to 1 cc every 4 hours. He seems to be resting comfortably most of the time, as you can see from the new photos that I posted this evening.

Meredith should be discharged tomorrow night, but she is going to try to stay in a courtesy room for another night or two so she can be close to the NICU. We are both starting to get run down a little and hope to turn in early tonight.

2 comments:

reinventor said...

Thanks for the updates and pics, Darin. Andrew is so precious! We're so glad he is progressing so well! We'll keep you, Meredith and Andrew in our thoughts and prayers -- we can't wait to see him in person!

Love,
Amy and Dominic LaValle

Carrie said...

I love the new pics of baby Andrew! The ones of him being fussy are soooo cute! I would love to hear his little cry...I bet it's more like a squeak! I am just amazed at how great he looks. I'm thinking about all three of you.