Monday, April 28, 2008

NICU Day 3

Day 3. Good news keeps coming in on the baby front. The occupational therapist had a look at Andrew today and said "his suck was superior." The neurodevelopmental pediatrician also evaluated him and said he looked "great." All of the doctors and nurses seem to be amazed at his progress. His bilirubin levels have come down some, but not quite enough to get rid of the phototherapy. I took a few pictures of him basking in the lights today and (thanks to the Rubys and their handy-dandy card reader) posted them with the other pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/dwdeaver/Andrew?authkey=0MbNv8YNwLg. He also got his first real "meal" today.

Meredith has been a bit reclusive this week, but she is also doing well. I think she still has some pain from the surgery, but she is walking on her own today and we still plan to be home by Wednesday.

We have received lots of support from all corners and we appreciate everyone's phone calls and email messages. We look forward to the day when all of you can visit Andrew personally. I know we aren't as interesting as the little guy, but you will just have to be happy visiting with Meredith and me for now!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Baby Andrew is adorable! He's tiny, but he really does look great. I love his little feet. Keep those pictures coming! Meredith, hopefully I'll get to see you this weekend. Love you!!!!