Sunday, April 27, 2008

NICU Day 2

Day 2. Mom is up and moving about the hospital today. She ate a big breakfast after being deprived from solid food for 24 hours, and I do believe she enjoyed every last bite.

Andrew also made some progress overnight and is now breathing on his own. He's also getting a little tan under the phototherapy lights, which helps break down bilirubin to treat and prevent neonatal jaundice. Oh, by the way, I finally managed to get his inaugural photos off our camera and on to the world wide Internets: http://picasaweb.google.com/dwdeaver/Andrew?authkey=0MbNv8YNwLg

3 comments:

Tracey said...

We are so excited baby Andrew is here! We love you guys and can't wait to watch him grow. Thanks for starting the blog Darin!

Ashley said...

Darin, you are such a good blogger! Andrew is so precious. I love all of the pictures. I can't wait until I can hold him!

Woodbury Family said...

We can't wait to meet sweet little Andrew! We are praying for you all and hope Meredith and Andrew have speedy and healthy recoveries! Please keep us posted on anything we can do -we are available to help with anything!

Shelley and Geoff